Yes, we do trade books.
Here are the strictly enforced guidelines for trading books.
- Sorry, we do not buy books but we do give store credit. The store credit can only be applied to other used books.
- Trade-ins must be clean, no mildew or water damage, ripped pages or covers.
- Hardbacks must have their original jacket.
- We will not take magazines, Reader’s Digest, encyclopedias, CDs, coloring books but we can take these books and donate them to the Friends of the Library for you.
- We are a small store with an even smaller used book section- so shelf space is at a premium. If we have too many copies of a book, we may not take it.
- When you bring in books, please leave them in their box or bag, along with the name your account is under.
- You can not use your credit on new books or gifts, only on used books.
- Sometimes we will not be able to take all the books you bring in, but we’ll always offer to donate what we can’t take to Friends of the library.
- If you would rather take your books home than donate them, we ask for you to wait for us to finish before you leave. Our store policy is- if you leave books to be picked up later, we’ll only hold them for 24 hours. After 24 hours, we’ll donate them to the library. Sorry, but we just don’t have the room.
- Your account will expire one year from the date of your last transaction.
Here is how our trade-in policy works:
- We will price the book depending on how much we think we can sell it for, then give you 50% of our price as store credit towards used books.
- When you use your credit- you will always pay half the price of the (used) book you are buying. Meaning, the sale is always 50/50. For example- if you were to buy a used book for $5.00… $2.50 would come from your store credit while the remaining $2.50 would come from your pocket.
Books we will take:
- We LOVE literature, as well as anything the kids have to read for school.
- Non-fiction should be recent.
- Books must be clean, no mildew or mold, have all of their pages, tight bindings, and the front and back covers.
- We won’t take any books that are now, or once were, a valued chew toy for your favorite animal, child or pet zombie.
- If we have too many copies of a book, we may refuse your copy of the same book.
- All hardbacks must have their original cover or dust jacket.
- We won’t take the following- Reader’s Digest, encyclopedias, magazines, coloring books, sticker books, workbooks, journals, National Geographics.
How we price our used books:
- Our used paper backs are priced on the front cover in pencil. (Don’t worry it erases off)
- Our used hardbacks are priced inside, on the first page.
- As stated before, if you have store credit, you can use your credit for up to half the price of our used books. So if the book is $5.00, you only pay $2.50, and $2.50 will come out of your account.
- If you can’t find a hand written price on a book, it’s probably new. Please bring it to the front and we will shelve it back into its proper spot.